Friday, April 14, 2023

Admitted 4/14/23




Well I kept telling people that I needed to make a post because she's been doing great... but here I am posting when she has been admitted to the hospital. 
Braylee had a cold around 2.5 weeks ago and her nose has just continued to run. She complained of a headache a couple times earlier this week but didn't want anything for the pain. She woke up this morning and was in a lot of pain, yelling at her sister to be quiet because her head hurt. And if you know Braylee you know that is completely out of character. I had already been on high alert watching her forehead so I asked her where it hurt and she pointed to the spot. Instantly triggering my PTSD from last time. I push back her bangs and see swelling and redness, I softly press on it and she gasps and jumps back. Called her pediatrician and got her in to be seen. He evaluates her and agreed with me that it was presenting just like last time with the Potts Puffy Tumor that she got her PICC for back in September. He told me just to get to SLC so we headed home to get Jeff and pack a bag. We got to the ER here at Primary Children's at about 7:30. She had labs drawn and a CT with contrast and it was officially confirmed that she has a Potts Puffy Tumor again. 😩
Her ENT isn't on call tonight so talking with the on call ENT we are going to start her on 2 of the big antibiotics she was on before. He is consulting with her ENT and the on call surgeon to see what is the best plan moving forward. We'll know more in the morning. 

I guess the universe just decided that 3 months of quiet was enough. So here we go again, we'll power through and do what we have to do. Thank you everyone for the prayers! Keep them coming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment